How was my previous year?
Man… what an year! Personally, I think 2023 was the best year of my life so far! I was able to accomplish so much in such a short period of time, even better, most of the goals were accomplished with someone else.
- I was able to write more blog posts, an average of more than one per month.
- I took more pictures, although they were not enough for my goal…
- I did write more software, so much that I discovered my favorite programming language and started Perplex Systems with a friend of mine.
- Spaced repetition didn’t become a habit.
- I didn’t read a non-technical book each month.
- I’m not able to hold a spoken basic conversation on a foreign language.
- I discovered that my powerlifting goals were a bit too far and only reached the squat.
- Traveling was a bit hard due to my girlfriend’s schedule never meeting with mine but I went to Chile.
Now, for the highlights:
- I’m getting closer to the catholic faith, although I still struggle with the idea of faith. I’m really happy with the people I met and what I learned during this journey.
- I was able to restore a friendship with someone that I dearly missed.
- I’m absolutely happy with my team at work. Really, it’s by far the best team I have ever worked with and they were the ones that impacted me the most. Professionally and personally.
- I learned a lot more about programming and server administration.
New Year’s resolutions for 2024
I really don’t like how I categorized my resolutions for the past year, as they looked like individual units of goals which was not true at all!
This year I want to create a simple to-do list for my goals as it seems less rigid to follow.1
- Buy my first house/apartment
- Write more blog posts about different subjects than programming
- Travel a bit more on my state, discover its cities and landscapes
- Write more Standard ML software and actually use it
- Have a daily routine with better defined tasks
- Keep the same powerlifting goals as last year’s but 200kg on the squat
- Watch more classic movies
- Dress better and take better care of my appearance
- Maybe start an actual big community project2